"Hairless"

When the world seems to be at halt by a disease, I'm pretty sure that we all peeked into our closet of "sick" memories and felt grateful for surviving those gloomy days.
Well today I feel like telling you all another funny aftermath of a deadly disease I survived.
My name is Eshwar and welcome back to my blog.
It was between rainy and summer of 2017 and God alone knows how I fell sick, I've been a constant consumer of street made snacks and savouries, maybe they put me down this time.
I was glued to my bed for 3 days straight, unable to lift a finger, time flew in a snap, dad took me to the nearest clinic, he prescribed a blood test and next day morning we found out that I was positive for dengue!
We went back to the clinic and he jotted down some pills but they seemed ineffective even after swallowing them for 3 days, that's when we decided to visit the hospital.
Upon arrival, they ran some tests and took me in straight to a separate room, I knew my condition was bad, they sucked blood and inserted a needle to my right arm for the saline.
2 days of keen care and I started feeling better, friends and family poured in and fed me tonnes of the Kiwi fruit, I've been so fed up of that fruit that I abominate the sight of it today.
My mother said that my friends have been eating too much kiwi to stay immune against the disease.
After a week I was feeling normal and we headed back home, the interesting part comes after a week when my dad told that I should be shaving my head!
My jaw dropped to the floor, I asked him "Why?!" 
He said "That's the bribe I'm offering to God for keeping you healthy"
I resisted, he insisted and I finally gave in, 
I kept pushing the offering that had to be done but I had to give up my hair finally after 6 months, I'm a guy who loves his hair very much and getting my head tonsured was a very big deal.
Image source: Unsplash
Come December and I ended up bending my head in front of the barber to get my head clean shaved and there I had another shock that I wouldn't be allowed to keep my beard, 
I had enough already, but I guess we all fall victim to parent's emotional blackmails and a minute later I looked like a big brown ball of regret!
I'm out of the tonsure hall looking for a room,  here's another twist, my parents said that it's compulsory that I bathe in the nearby River, it was December and the water was freezing, I had done so much already and I ended up doing this too. I'm pretty scared of water bodies but I somehow managed to bathe in that freezing river.
We visited the temple, had our lunch and headed back home, and while we were in the  car, a doubt arises and I ask my dad, "I'm the one who fell sick, I'm the one out of whom blood was sucked everyday, I'm the one who lost weight, and I'm the one who suffered, why did I loose my hair, you could've given your hair instead!" To which my dad replied something that I shall never forget,
He said "Well, I'm half-bald! God wouldn't be satisfied" 
He had left me speechless and hairless!

Comments

  1. Wish I could have seen you hairless ����

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Parents know very well to trick us

    ReplyDelete
  3. God wouldn't be satisfied 🤭😂😂😂

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awsome try with a successful narration.. keep up the good work and keep going with more writings ....hope to see more 👍😀

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got me at 'a big brown ball of regret'... I'm surely gonna use that phrase😂

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear God save the hair! xD
    You and your adorable stories will never stop me laughing at first and then smiling for the rest of time period.
    "Big brown ball of regret" could only make me think of ragi-ball xD

    You adorable babes! Keep writing... <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well your comments make my day 😍
      The game is getting stronger each blog 😂❤️

      Delete
  7. So unfortunate. You postponed till December (SBI bank employee mode : on) and you had to dip in a river at that time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, someone finally understood my plight !

      Delete
  8. Haha! It's such a common thing among Indian families.. I agree that sometimes our parents force us to follow rituals that they believe and leave us unanswered for most of questions we ask outa curiosity 😬😂😂.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! Many things have been left unanswered

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

"Bengaluru's Dora"

"ಅಜ್ಜಿ ನೆಟ್ಟ ನಂದಿ ಬಟ್ಟಲು"

" The curious case of the Marwadi uncle "